About ACM ICPC
ACM International Collegiate Programming Contest is the largest computer programming contest in the world. The ACM ICPC is an activity of the ACM that provides college students with an opportunity to demonstrate and sharpen their problem-solving and computing skills. The contest is considered to be the “Olympics of Computer Programming”. It is a two tier contest. The world is divided into six regions and Asia is a region. In Asia there are Twenty Two host sites and Kolkata is one of them.
The India-Final contest-2016 is jointly organized by National Institute of Technical Teachers’ Training and Research Kolkata (NITTTR, Kolkata), ABV-Indian Institute of Information Technology & Management Gwalior (ABV-IIITM Gwalior) and JIS University (Under the aegis of JIS Group), Kolkata and will be held at GNIT Kolkata and ABV IIITM Gwalior, India. There are about 100 slots available in India-Final Asia Regional Contest. All slots at the India-Final Asia Regional Contest are reserved for the top teams from the other 4 sites of India (Amritapuri, Chennai, Kharagpur and Kolkata). Selection will be done based on their rank in their respective Onsite Contest. Teams ranked in a Regional On-site Contests of India and qualified to participate in the India-Final cannot change their team members.
India-Final will be a multi-site contest and will be held at Gwalior and Kolkata. All the eligible teams from Amritapuri, Chennai and Kharagpur Sites will participate in India-Final from Gwalior whereas teams from Kolkata Site will participate in India-Final from Kolkata.
Winning teams of India-Final site are eligible to participate in the world finals to be held in May, 2017 at Rapid City, South Dakota, USA. Winning team may also get partial travel support from IBM and Directi to participate in the world finals.
List of teams selected from all the four sites i.e. Amritapuri, Chennai, Kharagpur and Kolkata can be seen by clicking here
- All the selected teams are hereby requested to Register online at https://icpc.baylor.edu/ and choose India-Final as a site on or before December 28, 2016.
- Teams selected from Amritapuri, Chennai and Kharagpur site will participate at Gwalior whereas teams selected from Kolkata Site will participate at Kolkata itself.
- Teams who have not deposited their registration fee (Rs. 3,000/-) may submit it in cash at the time of onsite registration in Kolkata or Gwalior.
- Please note that we will provide accommodation and food to all the teams and coaches (in case if they are accompanying team) from the afternoon (post lunch) of December 29, 2016 till the morning of December, 31, 2016.
- All the teams participating in India-Final will have to deposit security money of Rs. 2,000/- per team, to our representative at the time of onsite registration. This money will be refunded at the time of check out.
- Please do not forget to bring the following documents: